Nero's Application for eoN

Post here if you wish to apply for eoN (Savage 1 only)

Moderator: Daemon

Nero's Application for eoN

Postby TheUnnamedNewbie » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi eoN!

Now that I finished, I realised that this might be a bit of a long application. Sorry for that! :D
(tldr version below ;) )

My ingame name is Nero. I have played savage for a long time, when I was young. That was (I think 4 or 5) years ago, and I have now recently started playing again. I used to be in TH before I left, and after first wanting to have that old icon back, I realized I myself have changed, and am now interested in an active clan. Since I personally have always liked eoN, and felt like they have a good, friendly and mature aura around them, I decided to come here.

I am 20 years old, (turn 21 in November), and a third year electrical engineering and computer science student at KU Leuven in Belgium. My real name is Joren, and my aliases (actually my name pretty much everywhere except for savage) is TheUnnamedNewbie. My hobbies include electronics and computer science, as well as skateboarding, airsoft and (but I don't know if you can really call this a hobby per se) sitting around a fireplace with my friends, sipping scotch and debating philosophical/scientific matters.

I have no clue as to how long I have been playing savage for - I don't really know when I started, although it's going to be about 8 to 10 years ago - and I have been playing it on and off when I was younger.

As I mentioned before, the only "real" clan I have ever been in is TH, although I think I only ended up playing only one clanmatch with them.

Since until a week or 2 ago, I didn't play savage for 4 years or so, I have little to no real ingame friends. I know a lot of people (doubt a lot of them know me), but that's sadly all it is. Most people I knew have forgotten me, or have quit the game themselves.

I would like to join eoN because I consider myself a quite mature, and for me, the most important things in a game are having fun, and having fun with others - not having fun at the cost of that of others. This, coupled with my airsoft bread patience and tactical mindset seem to match that of the clan - hence, one of the many reasons I am here.

In the actual game, I'm a medium player. In small games, where it is a matter of choosing your battles well, picking of the right target, and using a lot of tactics, I seem to be a decent player. I have gotten sadists and so on now and then, although getting them never comes first for me - the game and my team does, stats are a result of my attempt at helping my team - not a goal in itself.
When battles get more chaotic, or I have to fight against the likes of Blade, Shagroth, K, ... my "performance" generally drops down. I tend to not focus on single players, but try to put down as much damage as I can, and let those more adept than me finish them of in cqb. I do however conceder myself to be a quite tactical person, and listen to the commander, and try to help the team. I don't know how good my command is still, I haven't taken the commander seat in a while since I fear failing, and don't want to let my team down when other, more skilled commanders are available.
My main strength would be my aim. Coming from a pro-quake background (2 years, quit playing competitively after half of my local team stopped), my aim is good to say the least. I still have to get used to the weapons in savage, especially the tempest and coil rifle, but I am quite confident in saying that once I do, I will be pretty lethal with them.

This then leads to my favorite tactics and weapons. On the human side, I prefer to try and isolate my targets, take them on one by one. I try to get them to waste their stamina, weaken them with coil/flux/repeater, and finish of with one or two blows. As beast, I generally perform better in larger games, where I try to hop from target to target in larger battles, to do damage by hitting enemies when they don't expect it or are dealing with another player. I also like some tempest, and can hold my own quite well with it early in game, especially in a defensive role.

This leads me to an issue: Since I live at my parents over the weekends, and am at my dorm (where my desktop is) during the week, I have to find a solution for gaming at Saturday night. I understand this pretty much ruins my ability to play in clans - but I will fix this, either by purchasing a surface (which to my understanding should run savage) or staying at my dorm over weekends (which I will soon have to do anyways for projects and so on). The only issue is that most airsoft events I play happen on Sunday, but as long as I know when the clanmatches will happen 2-3 weeks in advance, I can make sure I'm at my dorm earlier on Sunday and can play.

I realise you guys are looking for commanders, and I am not that. I therefore understand fully if you say no to my application without a trial and can not blame you - but I wanted to give it a shot anyways.

tldr version:

Your in-game nickname:
-Nero

Your RL name, age, location, hobbies.
-Joren Vaes, 20, Belgium, Airsoft, Skateboarding, Photography, electronics, computers

For how long you have been playing Savage.
-I wouldn't know. On and of for years.

Any (and all) previous clans you have been in.
-TH

Your in-game friends.
-None really, since I didn't play actively until recently

Why do you want to join eoN.
-Your principles/ideals seem to match up well with mine, and you seem to be a friendly community

Your Savage play up- and downsides.
+Tactics, aim, general combat in smaller games
-combat in large fights, melee

Your favorite tactics, weapons, maps.
-Tactics: Chose your battles wisely, know when to let an enemy pass you, ...
-Maps: big, open ones. Lostwinter, ...
-Weapons: Coil, flux, repeater, rabid, tempest

Your availability for Sunday evening cw and Saturday evening praccy.
-Saturday praccy: Working on a solution
-Sunday: If I know about the clanwar a week or two three in advance, I can be there.

Anyways, thanks for reading,
Nero
"I want you to go through this in your head and convice yourself it works, because it does" - Shahriar (TheSignalPathBlog)
TheUnnamedNewbie

Re: Nero's Application for eoN

Postby Telvek » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:05 pm

Hey Nero, Good Luck!
Telvek

Postby Daemon » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 pm

Hello Nero. Given that Telvek rushed and assumed the role of the friendly 'welcomer' before i could post, all i'm left with is to be forced to play the 'bitter-old-suspicious-bad-cop' role :).

Right.

So first of all, i'd like you to post a link to what can be considered a "main" account. Other than that, i shall question TNaismith and Th3_Hunt3r about you and if your story fails that scrutiny, a stink bomb will be dropped in your IRL mailbox.

So in order to avoid bad smells, you gotta convince me you're not a nicklamer.

EZ!
Daemon

Postby TheUnnamedNewbie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:12 am

I can understand your scepism. I don't know how I can "prove" that I am who I say I am. My main account used to be http://www.newerth.com/?id=stats&action ... me&pk=Nero this one, but I no longer use it since I don't know it's password. However, my newerth forum login is still the same, and I shall send you a pM there to prove I am the same Nero as the Nero that used to be in TH. This is the account I'm currently playing on: http://www.newerth.com/?id=stats&action ... me&pk=nero
Last edited by TheUnnamedNewbie on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I want you to go through this in your head and convice yourself it works, because it does" - Shahriar (TheSignalPathBlog)
TheUnnamedNewbie

Postby TheUnnamedNewbie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:16 am

You should have a PM ;)

Edit: did you get anything? I can see it in my outbox on newerth :/

Second Edit: I actually managed to log in to my TH forum account. I will send you a message there aswell.
TheUnnamedNewbie

Postby Precim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:06 am

Hi Nero! :D
Precim

Postby Daemon » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:23 am

Alright.

Seems OK. I will open a vote for you.

Good luck with your application, and try and play and be visible so you can convince eoNs of your worth! Not like sneaky pants Precim over here!
Daemon

Postby TheUnnamedNewbie » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:39 am

Awesome! Thanks.
I will try my best. Is there a specific time of day where most eoN's play?
TheUnnamedNewbie

Postby Precim » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Daemon wrote:Alright.

Good luck with your application, and try and play and be visible so you can convince eoNs of your worth! Not like sneaky pants Precim over here!

:/
Precim

Postby Telvek » Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:58 am

Precim wrote:
Daemon wrote:Alright.

:/

He is kidding you, Precim :P
Telvek

Next

Return to Join Us