Dingfire's application

Post here if you wish to apply for eoN (Savage 1 only)

Moderator: Daemon

Dingfire's application

Postby Dingfire » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:16 pm

1. Your in-game nickname.

Dingfire

2. Your RL name, age, location, hobbies.

Jason Martin Seabrook aged 22 student in marine engineering and live in Belgium.
Hobbies are piano, travel, choir singing and gaming.

3. For how long you have been playing Savage.

I played savage for 4 years after it came out, then stopped and started playing again last year in December.

4. Any (and all) previous clans you have been in.

RaGe <3

5. Your in-game friends.

Necro, Telvek, SOMA, bit, Emily, DarkAngel, Tjens, Eumi, HeLly, Kjalle, United, Anti, Whisky, Vectile, Violenth, MadMod, Natsu, PlayForBlood, Frintezza...

6. Why do you want to join eoN.

Because I want to be part of a good clan with dedicated friendly members who are willing to work as a team.

7. Your Savage play up- and downsides.

I'm a bit of a tactician and an excellent team player. My human play is great but my beast has its ups and downs (though I can be very good). Depends on how I feel like playing. Of course I would be 110% in clan wars/NSL. I am currently practicing my beast with a friend to sharpen my skills.

As for commanding I am a very decent beast comm, humans is OK but not as good.

8. Your favorite tactics, weapons, maps.

My favorite weapons are tempest, rabid, rupture and flux.

For maps I really like the ones that require tactics and thought, I dislike simple maps like kinixx.

My favorite tactic would be forming small groups to demo run or sac.

9. Your availability for Sunday evening cw and Saturday evening praccy.

Available when you want as long as you notify some weeks before. Though preferably weekends.

10. The vacant position which you want to fill. (*read below)

Team player/beast commander

Kind regards ^^ , Jason
Last edited by Dingfire on Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dingfire

Re: Dingfire's application

Postby Telvek » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:36 pm

I really have to see your commanding! Good Luck :)
Telvek

Postby Violenth » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Woaa! A commander, GL! <3
Violenth

Postby Mind » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 am

Violenth wrote:Woaa! A commander, GL! <3

What's that supposed to mean?

Dingfire wrote:Jason Martin Seabrook aged 22 student in marine engineering and live in Belgium.
Hobbies are piano, travel, choir singing and gaming.

That's a peculiar name for someone living in Belgium. Do explain... And where in Belgium do you live?

Dingfire wrote:3. For how long you have been playing Savage.

I played savage for 4 years after it came out, then stopped and started playing again last year in December.

4. Any (and all) previous clans you have been in.

RaGe <3

That means you know Nemesis and Sibuna all to well. What was your name back then. For I don't remember your name.

Dingfire wrote:7. Your Savage play up- and downsides.
My human play is great but my beast has its ups and downs.

As for commanding I am a very decent beast comm, humans is OK but not as good.

8. Your favorite tactics, weapons, maps.

My favorite weapons are tempest, rabid, rupture and flux.

You daresay you are a great human, an ups-down player as a beast who likes tempest. I do say, show some more annoyance online then.

Dingfire wrote:My favorite tactic would be forming small groups to demo run or sac.

You claim to be a tactician. And this your all time favorite. Teamplay is gathering up as individuals. What would be of uttermost importance - as an individual- to win cws?

10. The vacant position which you want to fill.

Team player/beast commander[/quote]
Imagine the vote passing. Why should we pick you - as team player positioned - above others? What makes your team playing so different?
Same goes for the beast commander. Why should we specifically pick you as a beast commander above other commanders.

I bid you succes.

Regards

Mind
Mind

Postby Telvek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Urgh, this Is an Apply for a Clan of an almost dead Game, not a Job Interview mind.
Just say Good Luck :p
Telvek

Postby Daemon » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:49 pm

An application is meant to be evaluated.
A player that applies is meant to be evaluated.

If either the player or the application goes unevaluated, then it's not a trial, it's a sham. I certainly hope we don't even consider giving up on our trial evaluating standards.

That being said, i do wish Dingfire good luck. As Telvek said, we've got quite enough for clan wars; we even had enough last NSL, to the point of having to send people off because of opponents having far less people than us.

That makes it very important to only keep on recruiting "outstanding" field players and/or comms. That means players have to be aware their chances are greatly reduced during such times when we have enough players. Stacking too much will just make people leave for other clans (or worse, quit Savage) because they don't get to play.

Like with everything in life, MORE is not necessarily BETTER.
Daemon

Postby Mind » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Telvek wrote:Urgh, this Is an Apply for a Clan of an almost dead Game, not a Job Interview mind.
Just say Good Luck :p

I will not. Now that I am back, I will be judge nor jury. But I will stand him trial. Now that Clemens is no longer here to make people sweat. I will question them and see how eoN's judge the answers.
Mind

Postby Telvek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:12 pm

I dont mean what you say, I mean HOW you said it. I think you know what I mean...whatever nvm, I am rly tired of discussing with you
Telvek

Postby Dingfire » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Daemon wrote:

That makes it very important to only keep on recruiting "outstanding" field players and/or comms. That means players have to be aware their chances are greatly reduced during such times when we have enough players. Stacking too much will just make people leave for other clans (or worse, quit Savage) because they don't get to play.

Like with everything in life, MORE is not necessarily BETTER.

Dear Daemon, I have my qualities but I assume that by outstanding you mean you are looking for one man armies. What I am is clearly written in my application form.

"*Vacancies:
We are currently only accepting decent commanders and friendly field players with outstanding teamplay abilities. Reasonable English speaking abilities are required."

In your terms you mention outstanding team play abilities and decent commanders, this however I can provide.
Dingfire

Postby Dingfire » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:17 pm

Mind wrote:That's a peculiar name for someone living in Belgium. Do explain... And where in Belgium do you live?

My roots are English and Welsh, I was the first one to be born in Belgium in our family.
I live near Brussels in a town called Halle, you probably know it.

Mind wrote:That means you know Nemesis and Sibuna all to well. What was your name back then. For I don't remember your name.

Used to know them. I was a brief member of rage before I quit.
My name back then is a bit of a problem. I can not remember, as I was a kid and had quite a few of them.

Mind wrote:You daresay you are a great human, an ups-down player as a beast who likes tempest. I do say, show some more annoyance online then.

What do you mean by this?

Mind wrote:You claim to be a tactician. And this your all time favorite. Teamplay is gathering up as individuals. What would be of uttermost importance - as an individual- to win cws?

Obedience.

Mind wrote:Imagine the vote passing. Why should we pick you - as team player positioned - above others? What makes your team playing so different?
Same goes for the beast commander. Why should we specifically pick you as a beast commander above other commanders.

I listen and react to situations as fast as possible, anything for the team.
As for commanding I try to get tech up as fast as possible combined with looking to find positions that could be useful for my team to push from. Before doing this I try to play out the game in my mind to find situations that could help us win. I look at the field where combat is occurring to see if I can mark the weakest enemy for the closest player while also marking potential threats or to provide buffs where needed.

Kind regards

Jason
Last edited by Dingfire on Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dingfire

Next

Return to Join Us